248-698-3300 Ext. 8
For Water and Sewer Emergencies after normal business hours, please contact White Lake Twp. Police Department 248-698-4400.
Spring 2017 hydrant flushing will begin the week of April 10th. For more information, call White Lake Township Water Department at 248-698-3300 ext.8.
During hydrant flushing it is common to experience rusty water if you are using water while the Water Dept. is working in your area. If you see rusty water in your home, it will usually clear in a short while by running cold water.
Week of May 1st: We will be flushing Suburban Knolls, Twin Lakes I & II and M-59 east of Walmart.
DPS has begun work on our GIS Mapping Program (Geographical Information System). This system uses precise GPS technology to aid in locating and maintaining utility assets, planning, and speed up emergency response. We will also be able to gather information faster and offer improved customer service.
Your cooperation in necessary. Crews from White Lake Township and Johnson & Anderson engineering will be out locating and collecting GPS coordinates to precisely locate your water shut off valves. A blue water flag will be placed on the valve and removed a few days later when the information has been collected. If you have questions or would like additional information about our GIS program, please contact the Water and Sewer Dept. at 248-698-3300 ext. 8.
White Lake Township Water Department will be commissioning and testing Village Acres Iron Filtration Plant throughout the month of April. We are expecting to have the plant online by May 1st. We will experience rusty water occasionally during this testing period due to the reversal of flow in the water mains. We are doing everything we can to minimize this but there is no way to avoid it completely. For more information or to report rusty water, please call us at 248-698-3300 ext. 8. To read more about this exciting project CLICK HERE.
Water Department News
- For our commercial accounts; Hydro-designs still completes most of the cross connection control programs.
- We have Johnson and Anderson, an engineering company, working on an updated White Lake Township master plan for water.
- Eventually, White Lake Township would like to add iron treatment at Village Acres well site.
Under the administration of the Township Supervisor, the Water Department is composed of four employees; this included (1) Director, (1) Field Technician and (2) Office Personnel.
- White Lake has provided water to the Township residents since 1980. We have 1814 residential accounts and 63 commercial accounts. It is the Water Departments goal to provide safe drinking water and fire protection to White Lake Township citizens.
- White Lake Township Water Department currently maintains 47.5 miles of water main. It is composed of 12 community wells, (2) one million gallon water towers, one booster station and 612 fire hydrants. We have added a 240 volt generator set, quick connect for a portable generator at Hillview Well House as well as backup generator sets at the Water office, and other key sites, like Aspen Meadows, Twin Lakes 1 and Village Acres.
- Repair and maintain water mains and related structures, such as towers, pumps, fire hydrants, get wells, water shut off valves and generator.
- Flushing hydrants twice a year.
- Replacement of water meters.
- Meters updates to an automated billing system.
- Marking for underground water utility locations
- Management of subdivision irrigation meters.
- Investigation of water service line leaks.
- Answer customer inquiries regarding rusty or cloudy water, low water pressure, water location, billing and fees.
- Public health compliance.
White Lake Township Ordinance 22 and the Department of Environmental Quality, through the State of Michigan, governs and regulates the water system.